Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the basis of Government Resolution No. 178 of March 9, 2022 declared tender for the writer of the conceptual proposal for the participation of the Czech Republic in the Universal World Expo EXPO 2025 in Osaka.
As part of the tender, applicants will present the original concept proposal for the participation of the Czech Republic in the World Expo 2025, which will take place from April 13 to October 13, 2025 in Osaka, Japan. The main theme of EXPO 2025 is “Designing the future society for our lives”. The sub-themes are Saving Lives, Empowering Lives and Connecting Lives.
The winner of the tender will be responsible for preparing a detailed conceptual proposal for the participation of the Czech Republic in the Universal World Expo EXPO 2025 in Osaka, for which the contracting authority – the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (here- after: MAE) will create the necessary conditions, including financial ones. In accordance with Government Resolution No. 178 of March 9, 2022, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will submit this proposal together with the draft budget for the participation of the Czech Republic in World Expo 2025 to the government by May 31, 2022. On April 14, 2022, i.e. within this period sent via the postal service operator to the address Karel Smékal, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Loretánské náměstí 5, 118 00 Prague 1 – Hradčany, or delivered personally before April 14, 2022 at the office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the address indicated. The request can also be submitted in electronic form with a recognized electronic signature to the email address email@example.com or via the public data network to the data box (MFA data box ID: e4xaaxh). Attachments sent through the data box must be in the format in accordance with Act No. 300/2008 Coll., on Electronic Acts and Authorized Document Conversion, as amended, and Decree No. 193/2009 Coll. , On determining the details of the authorized execution conversion of documents.
The envelope containing the request, including the annexes below, must be marked “Do not open” and the words “Tender for the writer of the conceptual proposal for the participation of the Czech Republic in the Universal World Expo EXPO 2025 in Osaka (ref. no. 108101/2022-SED, in the hands of Mr. Karel Smékal, SED) “.
Registered candidates who submit all prescribed documents and meet all prerequisites and requirements below will be invited for an interview before the selection panel, which will take place after April 14, 2022 in Prague. The submission of a concept proposal to the invitation to tender does not imply the right of the tenderer or any third party to remuneration.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reserves the right to modify the published conditions of the invitation to tender or to cancel this invitation to tender
The following criteria will be considered in the evaluation of the submitted concept:
- the content, balance and mutual relationship of the proposed presentation of Czech innovations, modern technologies and results of science and research with the promotion of the Czech Republic as a sustainable, safe and confident destination and a presentation compact of the different regions of the Czech Republic with emphasis on their innovation potential, cultural and natural attractiveness and modern way of life;
- innovativeness of the Czech Pavilion concept with the use of modern digital and green elements, innovativeness of the shape of its own presentation, including the involvement of modern presentation technologies (e.g. visual effects using 3D elements, augmented and virtual reality) including idea of comfort zone in pavilion with regional diversity presentation;
- development of a budget structuring proposal emphasizing the involvement of a substantial part of the private sector, universities, institutions and regions of the Czech Republic (about 40% of the budget), including the idea candidate involvement, and staffing (General Commissioner); the assessment will also include the amount and method of quantification of the financial entitlement of the Czech participation in EXPO 2025 to the state budget;
- the degree and form of involvement of Czech companies with regard to the expected favorable export effect of Czech participation in EXPO 2025 in accordance with BIE (Bureau International des Expositions) rules;
- the coherence of the concept and its feasibility with regard to the timetable, including the idea of building a national pavilion, or the use of the exhibition space made available by the organizing EXPO, in the event of the construction of its own pavilion the question of using the pavilion after the EXPO in October 2025;
- the conformity of the concept with the thematic axis of the exhibition, namely “Designing Future Society for Our Lives” and with the sub-themes Saving Lives, Empowering Lives and Connecting Lives;
- proposal for the support program for Czech participation.
Distribution of the weight of the evaluation of the individual criteria:
- content and balance of the presentation of Czech cultural, historical and natural wealth, of life in the different regions of the Czech Republic and of Czech science and innovation: 30%
- innovative character of the Czech presentation: 20%
- budget structuring: 15%
- participation of Czech companies and institutions: 15%
- design integrity: 10%
- conformity of the concept with the theme of the exhibition: 5%
- support program: 5%
Each judging criterion will receive from each member of the commission the number of points corresponding to the maximum weight of the judging criterion so that the maximum number of points for all the criteria for a participant is 100. The score for each individual criterion for each participant will correspond to the average of the points awarded to the Commission as part of the evaluation criteria.
The Bidder must submit:
(a) documents demonstrating compliance with the terms and requirements set forth below;
b) letter of motivation (max. 1 page, with mention of the date of possible entry);
c) curriculum vitae (education, professional qualifications, overview of work experience and professional experience);
d) a written conceptual proposal for the participation of the Czech Republic in the World Expo 2025, including the design and creation of a budget and schedule, of a maximum of 10 A4 pages;
e) written references from at least 3 people reflecting the candidate’s experience in project management and the implementation and management of an international project;
f) an idea of the amount of the financial evaluation for the development of a detailed conceptual proposal for the participation of the Czech Republic in the World Expo EXPO 2025 in Osaka in the event of winning the tender ( the valuation must not exceed CZK 100,000 excluding VAT).
The applicant is expected to:
- experience in implementing international projects and fundraising;
- at least 3 years of experience in leadership and team management;
- capacity for strategic and analytical thinking, results orientation;
- experience in project management – formulation and implementation of projects and their allocation and global / international marketing;
- knowledge of the use of online platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- the ability to perceive the mix of communication and presentation activities as a whole with an impact on the overall image of the Czech Republic
- budgeting experience;
- knowledge of the business environment in the Czech Republic;
- communication, management and organizational skills, representative performance;
Only a person meeting the following conditions and requirements can participate in the competition:
- have citizenship of the Czech Republic;
Compliance with this presumption is evidenced by the relevant documents, i.e. a valid identity document or certificate of Czech citizenship, not older than 12 months, or a document of acquisition or granting of citizenship from the Czech Republic, not older than 12 months. When submitting an application, citizenship of the Czech Republic can only be proven by a written affidavit of citizenship; In such a case, the aforementioned relevant document must be documented later, at the latest before the interview, to the secretary of the selection committee, Mr. Karel Smékal.
- reach the age of 18;
- be totally independent;
The realization of this presumption is evidenced by a written certificate.
Compliance with this precondition is proven by an extract from the criminal record, which must not be older than 3 months.
- get a master’s degree;
Compliance with this prerequisite is proven by relevant documents, i.e. the original or a certified copy of the diploma (university diploma, etc.). In the case of teaching abroad, the original or a certified true copy of the notification must be provided. When submitting the application, it can only be justified by a written certificate of education; In such a case, it is necessary to prove the relevant document mentioned above afterwards, to the secretary of the selection committee, Mr. Karel Smékal.
Compliance with this requirement is evidenced by a written certificate of medical fitness.
g) have a knowledge of English corresponding to at least level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages 3 of the List of standardized language examinations annexed to the Decision of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports
and physical education in the Czech Republic.
The fulfillment of this presumption is attested by the original or a certified true copy of the certificate or other document proving the level of knowledge of the foreign language.
EXPO 2025 Organizer: http://www.expo2025.or.jp/en
Bureau International des Expositions: http://www.bie-paris.org/site/fr
EXPO 2025 Master Plan: http://www.expo2025.or.jp/wp/wp-content/themes/expo2025orjp/assets/pdf/masterplan/expo2025_masterplan_en.pdf
Government resolution: https://www.vlada.cz/en/jednani-vlady/